- Halo WiFi Extender System
- Satellite Data Routers
- CrewComm Satellite Data Routers
- Satellite Terminals
- Satellite GPS Trackers
- Legacy Hardware
- Satellite Engineering
Windows and Mac software lets XGate users select, download and view marine weather forecasts using the GRIB format over narrow bandwidth satellite and cellular networks.
MARYVILLE, TN February 28, 2015 – RedPort Global, the leader in advancing satellite data and VoIP services, today announced the addition of integrated GRIB software with its XGate suite of satellite data services. XGate is the world’s leading independent satellite data acceleration service letting people easily and affordably access accelerated email, web, weather data, social media and blogging wherever they go. This announcement follows on the heels of the addition of NOAA weather forecasts to the iOS and Android versions of XGate.
“GRIB weather files are the standard for downloading weather forecasts over a satellite link, but until now satellite users have been using multiple applications to get and view weather forecasts.” said Dr. Luis Soltero, CTO of RedPort Global. “Now, with just a few clicks, XGate users can easily see weather forecast visualizations so they can make critical decisions based on weather patterns, and be confident on the water or in remote areas.”
XGate GRIB Software is a basic weather program, included at no additional cost, that has the features many boaters will need to get started with GRIB weather forecasts. Users can select, download and view GRIB files including wind, wave, surface pressure and precipitation. Additionally, the software can display other GRIB data the user has obtained from other sources. XGate weather software is designed as an excellent entry point into using GRIB files.
Other XGate services include:
- Accelerated Email– Email service offers up to 20 times acceleration versus uncompressed speeds, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime
- Accelerated Web Browsing – Compression uses a web proxy service to provide users with 3-5 times average web acceleration, while also blocking ads, checking for malicious sites and compressing images.
- Mobile Weather Forecasts – XGate mobile weather forecasts delivery up to 7 days of a variety of text-based weather forecasts for iOS and Android users.
- Social media – Users can post text and photos to Facebook and Twitter over satellite and cellular narrowband devices
- Blogging – Users get free access to a Sailblogs premium basic account to help them share their adventures while travelling with their satphone
XGate Mobile Apps Compatible Operating Systems:
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
- Google Android smartphones and tablets
RedPort XGate is also offered by leading satellite service providers as a white-label solution under other brand names, including: OCENS Mail, Network Innovations Speedmail, Satphonestore.com Satphone.Me, MVS MVSMail, SatLink from BlueCosmo/SatWorx, and XGate for Telecom Italia.