BYOD – Bring Your Own Device for Satellite Email, Web, Weather, Social Media and Tracking
Optimizer makes satellite data easy – with the devices you already own. Optimizer is the original BYOD (Bring Your Own Devices) satellite hotspot – letting you access the services you need with the smartphones, tablets and computers you already have. Optimizer broadcasts your satellite data feed as a Wi-Fi hotspot, let you easily access email, web, weather and social media services, and even track your location. Most importantly, its powerful firewall blocks all unwanted service to eliminate runaway satellite phone airtime bills.
- Satellite – Turns any IP-based satellite data signal into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Firewall - stops all unwanted data traffic, saving time and money
- Wi-Fi Hotspot makes setup and use with compatible computers and tablets easy
- NEW! GSM support – Plug in a compatible GSM USB-modem when you have GSM access to keep all the speed and convenience benefits of Optimizer, wherever you are.
- NEW! Faster processor – Do everything quicker and more smoothly, the Optimizer wXa-112 (Spring 2014) includes a new processor for speed and reliability.
Optimizer works with compatible software services running on a laptop, tablet or smartphone to provide:
- Email - Accelerate email service up to 20 times, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime
- Web – Access compressed web pages an average of 3-5 times faster than normal
- Weather – Get free GRIB files via email from online services
- Social Media – Update Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter over satellite
- Tracking – Automatically sends your phone or terminal’s built-in GPS data to a compatible tracking service
- NEW! Blogging Service – Get a free Sailblogs Premium Basic account with a compatible service.
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista and 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions
- Apple Macintosh
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
Works with all standard satellite equipment including:
- Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro; BGAN; FleetBroadband
- Iridium 9555; Extreme; OpenPort; 9500*, 9505*, 9505a*
- Globalstar GSP-1700; GSP-1600*, GSP-2900*
- Thuraya USB and IP
- and other systems.
|Physical||Wired: IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T) IEEE 802.3u (100Base-TX) Wireless: IEEE 802.11; IEEE 802.11g; IEEE 802.11n 1 x 10/100Mbps WAN Port 1 x 10/100Mbps LAN Port 1 x USB Port 1 x detachable external antenna RP-SMA cable 1 x Reset button 1 x WPS Security Key|
|Temperature||Operating: 0ºC to 40ºC (32ºF to 104ºF) Storage: -20ºC to 60ºC (-4ºF to 140ºF)|
|Humidity||Operating :10% to 85% Non-Condensing Storage: 5% to 90% Non-Condensing|
|Dimensions||90 x 60 mm|
* Some Equipment Requires Compatible Serial-USB cable (not included). GPS Tracking service requires current Inmarsat or Iridium OpenPort hardware.