Redport Launches Optimizer Premier Satellite/GSM/Wi-Fi Marine Router
New all-in-one marine broadband router automatically selects and optimizes satellite, cellular and Wi-Fi communications for marine users on yachts, cruising vessels and workboats
RedPort Global, the leader in providing satellite voice and data products and services, today announced the launch of Optimizer Premier – a VoIP gateway and data router that provides an all-in-one solution for boaters looking to get the most out of all available data connections. Optimizer Premier automatically selects among available data connections, including long-range cellular, Wi-Fi, and all satellite broadband services including VSAT, Inmarsat FleetBroadband and Iridium OpenPort. Optimizer Premier also lets users optimize data usage with onboard email and web compression services, and manage access for passengers and crew with an included captive portal.
“Boaters are demanding maximum access to data services as boats have become an extension of home and office,” said Dr. Luis Soltero, CTO of RedPort Global. “Optimizer Premier gives the people who live, work and play on boats access to Wi-Fi and cellular data where it’s available and their satellite broadband service everywhere else. Plus, it has the services needed to get the most out of every kilobyte, whether it be for email, web browsing, social media, weather or GPS Tracking.”
Optimizer Premier joins the groundbreaking line of RedPort Optimizer products, including Optimizer Personal Satellite Wi-Fi Hotspot, and Optimizer Voice a multi-user satellite data router with voice capabilities, with which Optimizer Premier shares many features. RedPort has created a product page for the router, which can be found at: https://www.redportglobal.com/marine-satellite-internet-firewall-routers/router-models/optimizer-premier/
Optimizer Premier Features include:
- Automatically selects among available data connections to choose the lowest-cost or preferred available data service.
- Captive Portal to control passenger and crew access via username or PIN codes
- Router/Wi-Fi hotspot: Broadcasts the data connection via Ethernet or Wi-Fi for use with Wi-Fi enabled smartphones, tablets and computers.
- Firewall: A powerful firewall accommodates virtually any common installation scenario, with features including block or allow any range of port, IP addresses and protocols.
- GPS Tracking: Works with any GSATrack-based service (including RedPort Tracking), the world’s most widely used satellite GPS tracking service.
- NMEA GPS Repeater: Locally broadcast your GPS location via Wi-Fi for access by any NMEA compliant device.
- Long-range Wi-Fi compatibility, with the optional RedPort Halo Wi-Fi system, or other compatible third-party Wi-Fi systems.
Optimizer Premier also offers a range of premium services that save on airtime by accelerating :
- Email – RedPort Mail service offers up to 20 times acceleration versus uncompressed speeds, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime; Crew accounts provide local access.
- Shared web compression – RedPort Compression provides all users on board with 3-5 times average web acceleration, all transparently. No special software is required, the router simply directs all web traffic through shoreside compression servers.
- Weather – RedPort Mail lets users easily get free GRIB files via email from many online services, showing weather and oceanographic data with their compatible GRIB file viewer.
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, XP, Vista and 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions
- Apple Macintosh
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
- Google Android smartphones and tablets
Works with all standard satellite broadband equipment including:
- Inmarsat BGAN; Inmarsat FleetBroadband and FleetOne
- Iridium OpenPort/ Iridium Pilot
- Thuraya IP
- VSAT systems
“We know customers need this kind of product because it’s exactly what we need on our boat,” said Dr. Soltero, “One thing all boaters want is to spend more time doing the things they love on the water. Optimizer Premier lets them spend more time doing just that, while staying in touch with the other things they need on shore.”
About RedPort Global
RedPort Global, the leader in advancing satellite data speeds and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use email, web, and other hardware and software services to satellite users in the maritime, oil and gas, mining, media, first responder and business continuity markets. The company’s products include VoIP gateways, data routers, and the award-winning XGate satellite data service providing optimized email, weather, web browsing, social media and blogging access. Ship to shore marine satellite solutions are offered as branded or white-label solutions for the world’s premier satellite data service providers. RedPort Global is a Global Marine Networks brand.
For more information on how RedPort Global is Making Airtime Count™ – whether ship to shore, or in remote or emergency communications environments visit https://www.redportglobal.com